[one-users] A question about the utilization of VMs

Fabian Wenk fabian at wenks.ch
Tue Dec 6 11:10:54 PST 2011

Hello Adnan

On 04.12.2011 18:18, Adnan Pasic wrote:
> I can't really tell you what lookbusy does, as it's not a programme coded by
> me, but found on the internet to fulfill its duties ;)

Or it does not properly as you would need it.

> Also, the website where I downloaded it from doesn't say anything on how the
> programme is really working, and if it's possible to somehow upgrade it with
> for the purpose of, e.g. filling zeros.

Google pointed me to [1], is this the one you are using? If yes,
you could ask the developer, if he could adjust it for your needs
(eg. filling the memory with random data, or even changing it
during runtime), or ask some other developer which knows about C,
if he could do it for you.

   [1] http://www.devin.com/lookbusy/

> So, do you maybe know a programme, or could tell me what to do in my case?
> This is becoming frustrating, as I'm almost finished with my thesis and need
> only a couple more measurements!!!

Sorry, I do not know any such program. But I hope one of the
possibilities I mention above are an option for you.

bye
Fabian