[one-users] Some OCCI issues

Wijnand Top w.top at ocom.com
Wed Aug 17 02:00:39 PDT 2011

Hi Guys,

We're building a user interface on top of opennebula 3.0 (we need features of 3.0) by using OCCI. We're using the user's credentials from ONe to authenticate on OCCI.
We've started with the embedded OCCI implementation but ran in a few problems with this one so we've just spent a few day on testing the OGF OCCI 0.3 implementation.
Unfortunately we're running into other problems with this one. Now we're not sure if we're doing something wrong, if it is a bug or if it isn't possible in the current implementation.

Embedded OCCI:
	*Is there a way to specify the CPU and MEMORY in a create request? If we specify the CPU and Memory in the XML file we post during creation, OCCI ignores those values and still uses the values from the template.  Can't I just skip the INSTANCE_TYPE? (this part did work in the OGF OCCI 0.3)

OGF OCCI 0.3:
	* Does it support authentication (we've tried basic authentication the same way as the embedded OCCI but no success)?
	* Can't get a listing of Computes (nor storage ...) (the creation of an Compute actually did work).  " curl -v -X GET  http://localhost:3000/compute" results in a  400 Bad Request response. Is this a  bug or did we do something wrong? (I already mailed this question)

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Wijnand