[one-users] Disk image type not propagated by saveas

Robert Parrott parrott at seas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 12 15:36:22 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

After fixing an older issue with the "onevm saveas" command, I'm
seeing the following behavior.

If I do a "onevm saveas" on a running VM with a qcow2 disk image, and
then shutdown the VM, I see that it successfully shutdowns and then
copies over the VM image.

However, I can't start VMs from these images.  The root cause appears
to be that the driver is propagated to the new image; i.e. the disk
tempalte for the new image doesn't contain a "DRIVER=qcow2" line. The
resulting libvirt deployment file has "type='raw'" for the disk entry,
and not the needed "type='qcow2'".

So I expect this is a bug, and a bit of a showstopper for us. Where
should I look to fix this?

Thanks!
Rob

--