[one-users] How to boot from .img

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:13:13 PDT 2011

I really have no idea what could be happening. Can you check that the
file copied in the node <VMDIR>/<vmid>/images/disk.0 is the same as
the original one. Maybe the copy is not correct. Also check the
permissions.

Also execute a "file" command to that image to check if it is a qcow image.

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Khoa Nguyen <vankhoa011 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
> I have just created a .img file which contains ubuntu.  On cluster node, It
> runs when  i type " sudo qemu -m 512 -hda ubuntu.img -boot c . But
> I try to create a VM  from ubuntu.img  on front end but it display :
>
> ata0 master: QEMU HARDDISK ATA-7 Hard-Disk
> ata1 master: QEMU DVD-ROM...
> booting from Hard Disk
> Noot failed: not a bootable disk
> Fatal: no bootable
>
> File template:
>

> NAME   = ubuntu9.10
> CPU    = 1
> MEMORY = 1024
> #OS      = [ BOOT   = hd ]
>

> DISK   = [
>   type        = "os",
>   source   = "/srv/cloud/images/ubuntu/ubuntu.img",
>   target   = "hda",
>   readonly = "no" ]
>

> NIC    = [ NETWORK = "Small network" ]
>
> FEATURES=[ acpi="no" ]
>

> GRAPHICS = [
>   type = "vnc",
>   listen = "localhost",
>   port = "5903"]
>
> It's created by file template which similar with ttylinux.img but can't
> boot. Anybody know? please help me.
> thank you.
>
> --
> Nguyễn Vũ Văn Khoa
> Đại học Khoa Học Tự Nhiên TP HCM

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher