[one-users] Does the SOURCE make no sense when creating an image in opennebula-2.2.0

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 27 03:55:25 PDT 2011

Hi,

You are right about the steps made by the ruby OCA and OpenNebula daemon.
And indeed, it makes no sense to specify only a SOURE attribute *if it is a
file path*.

But you can still take advantage of the SOURCE if you use an http:// url.
This can be used to bypass the local Image Repository and store some of the
Image files remotely.

Anyway, this isn't the typical scenario, and maybe it still makes sense to
remove the SOURCE option from the Suntone wizard.

Best regards,
Carlos.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc