[one-users] Virt-manager created Ubuntu image without an IP address

Idafen Santana Pérez idafensp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:31:19 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have been working on it and I have "found" the problem. The thing is
that ONE is somehow changing the network interfaces of the VM
machines. When I register a VM image (oneimage register file.img) and
run it with KVM (kvm -hda ONE_LOCATION/var/image/imageId) it shows 2
interfaces (ifconfig -a): lo and eth1. But when I run the VM with
opennebula (onevm create template.one) with the same VM image as
before, it shows lo and eth2, and I have no clue about this behaviour.

To solve this is changed the image, so before registering it I
modified the /etc/network/interfaces to configure eth2 interface
instead of the real eth1 interface of the image. Now I can use my VM
machines, but this is not a good solution, and I hope I can find (or
someone else) a better one. I don't know if this could be considered
as a bug or it is just a configuration problem.

Regards
Idafen