[one-users] root user creates checkpoint directory on cluster node instead of oneadmin

Pieter Simoens pieter.simoens at intec.ugent.be
Fri Apr 8 01:18:12 PDT 2011

Dear all,

when I issue a command "onevm stop VM_ID'', the Virtual Machine stays in
the save state. On my front-end node, the log-files (both oned.log and
vm.log) show no specific error.

However, when I have a look at the virsh log-file on my cluster node
(/var/log/libvirt/qemu/one-22.log), I see the error: "sh: cannot create
/work/onimages/VM_ID/images/checkpoint: Permission denied".

Strangely enough, the permissions of /work/onimages/VM_ID/images
directory are set correctly (or so I think...): oneadmin is the owner,
and cloud is the group. Also the uid and gid are identical to the
oneadmin user on my frontend. But the images/checkpoint directory seems
to be owned by the root user, belonging to the root group.

Does anybody have an idea how this can be possible? Did I configure my
cluster node in the wrong way?

Thank you,
Pieter