[one-users] Can opennebula use the image created for Eucalyptus ?

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Sun Apr 3 00:39:31 PDT 2011

Hi,
if you care with Suse, there is the wonderful suse studio to create VMs (among other things). You can customize anything.
vmdk output can be converted with kvm-convert to raw or qcow2 for opennebula.

For eucalyptus I do not know what they do, but most of images (amazon etc..) always have specific stuff....

Regarding your image, all depends if you dhcp etc...
Your connection issue may be a bad network setup. I don't know what is default for Eucalyptus images.

Furthermore, with ubuntu, there is network persistence. If image has been used once, mac address is associated with one ethernet interface. So on next reuse, the new mac address used is associated to an other interface, if such is configured.... and result often in network setup failure.

If you want to check your ubuntu image, you should connect to console and check network setup.

Regards

Olivier

Hi, all. I have installed the opennebula in ubuntu 10.10 following this instruction. I also can run the ttylinux successfully. However, when I try to run a ubuntu instance, some issues arose. The command 'onevm list' showed that the instance is running.But I just can't ssh or even ping it. I got the imaged from the eucalyptus website and ubuntu website, both are created for eucalyptus. I am wondering if the images created for eucalyptus can be use for opennebula. Or can anyone tell me how to create my own image for opennebula . My opennebula platform is built on ubuntu 10.10 server with KVM as the hypervisor.Thank you all.
Jeff