[one-users] OpenNebula block type disk and xen "phy" type disk

Ruben Diez rdiez at cesga.es
Mon Sep 27 00:44:16 PDT 2010

Hi:

We are attempt to use a physical disk partition (for example, /dev/sda4)
of the physical node as a disk of the VM....

In Xen, this can be done by using the "phy:" declaration of the disk
image. For example, for declare 2 disk, image file disk.0 as hda and
/dev/sda4 as physical dev, we can do in xen:

disk = [
    'tap:aio:/srv/cloud/one/var//382/images/disk.0,hda,w',
'phy:sda4,hdb,w'
]

But: how can we declare this stuff in Opennebula?? We attempt to use the
"block" type disk type, in this way:

DISK = [ type="block", source="/dev/sda4", target="hdb", readonly = "no"]

and the "raw" construction:

RAW = [ type="xen", data="disk = ['phy:sda4,hdb,w' ]"]

but neither of them seems to work.....

What is the right way to use a physical partition of the physical node
as a VM disk or partition???

Please note that this should be a case similar to the use of LVM in
OpenNebula as disk for the VM... Could anyone please provide and example
of a VM template file that uses LVM???

Regards