[one-users] Register VM for ESX 4.1

Jonathan Kelley jkelley at vm-labs.com
Thu Sep 2 07:57:13 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to register my VM to use with OpenNebula and ESX 4.1.

I copied the VM folder to the shared nfs storage and then have tried to
create a template for this vm but I am not sure I have it right:

root at xxxx:/srv/cloud/one# cat /export/vg0-lv0/WinXP.template
NAME=VMwareVM
MEMORY=256
CPU=1

NIC=[NETWORK="VMWareNet"]

DISK=[ source="/export/vg0-lv0/WinXP_32bit_Dev",
       clone="yes",
       save="no"]

However when I run the register command I get image not present messages:

root at xxxx:/export/vg0-lv0# /srv/cloud/one/bin/oneimage register
./WinXP.template
Error: Image not present, aborting.

It is not quite clear to me what the template should look like and how to
register an existing VMware VM.

Thanks,
Jon