[one-users] kvm bridge interface error

Ruben Diez rdiez at cesga.es
Thu Oct 14 00:38:08 PDT 2010

Hi Oliver:

I think that you must stay the 'unix_sock_group' variable of the
libvirtd.conf file to the default value, because it is set by your
distro to the user that own the libvirt process...

In the other hand, you can set the values:

# The user ID for QEMU processes run by the system instance
user = "oneadmin"
# The group ID for QEMU processes run by the system instance
group = "cloud"

in the "/etc/libvirt/qemu.conf".

Please note that is a good idea add the user "oneadmin" to the groups
that runs both the "kvm" as the "libvirtd" processes.
In my case (debian squeeze, so should work for ubuntu):

~# groups oneadmin
oneadmin : cloud kvm libvirt

I hope this helps....