[one-users] error in scons

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 08:48:32 PDT 2010

Hello,

Don't uncompress tar.gz in the dir it is going to be installed. Those
are only the source files and should be uncompresed in a temporary
dir. Also try to do everything as oneadmin so the files are owned by
that user. I cannot think of what can be causing that error. Could it
be that files are owned by root and oneadmin cannot read some of them?

Bye

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 7:35 AM, priya .k.h <priyakh.mit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am installing open nebula using one-1.4.0. I have installed the
> prerequisite softwares in a folder named open_nebula at /root/open_nebula.
> My oneadmin user is at /srv/cloud/one. I have extracted one-1.4 tar file at
> /srv/cloud/one. I executed the following commands
>
> scons sqlite=~/root/open_nebula/sqlite-3.7.2
> scons xmlrpc=~/root/open_nebula/xmlrpc-c-1.06.18-1.el5.kb.i386
>
> When i executed them using root user the commands executed successfully.
> When i executed them using oneadmin user, i got the following error
>
> /srv/cloud/one/oneadmin/one-1.4/src/vm/VirtualMachine.cc:906: undefined
> reference to `vm_var_lex_destroy'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> scons: *** [src/nebula/oned] Error 1
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> What should I do now? Should i re-install scons in /srv/clou/one?
>

> regards,
> --
> priya

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher