[one-users] opennebula 2 RC1 - Public images visibility issue

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Oct 7 06:36:22 PDT 2010

Hi Olivier,

There is an error in the oneimage help. oneimage list m command will return
only the Images belonging to the user. I have opened a ticket for fixing
this issue. [1]

Also I have opened a ticket that shows the functionality that you are
looking for, that is not available in OpenNebula but we will take it into
account for next releases. For more information [2] and if you want to add
any comment or suggestion do not hesitate to use that thread.

Thanks for your feedback.

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/365
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/364

On 5 October 2010 18:31, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr> wrote:

>  Hi,
> I am testing one 2 RC1, and I have an issue with public images.
>
> If I deploy an image with the public status:
> -----------------------------------
>  ID     USER                 NAME TYPE              REGTIME            PUB
> PER STAT  #VMS
>   0 oneadmin       Suse Appliance   OS   Oct 05, 2010 12:17 Yes  No used
>   1
> ------------------------------------
>
> I cannot see it with an other user with command:
> oneimage list m  (which should show my user images + public ones)
>
> The command "oneimage list" shows all the images.
>
> If i try with the OCCI interface, I face the same issue:
>
> /usr/bin/occi-storage  --url http://localhost:4567 --username XXXXX
> --password XXXXX list
>
> <STORAGE_COLLECTION/>
>
> Though with oneadmin user I can see it.
>
> Is it a bug or a config issue?
>
> Thanks
>
> Olivier

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org