[one-users] Oned failover mechanism and multi-cluster deployment ?

Ivan Frain ivan.frain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 05:17:00 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I would like to know if there is a failover mechanism for oned ? I'am sure
that it is possible to manage this failover using MySQL as database backend
on a remote server but I would like to have more details: should we use
active/standby mechanism with heartbeat, is there any guidelines to do this
Moreover, in the case of oned failure, what are the guarantees about its
state and the recovery?
I didn't find any documentation in the OpenNebula web site this is why I
post my question here.

I have another question concerning a multi cluster management. I understand
the deployment of opennebula in one cluster with one frontend node on which
'oned' is installed but what could be a deployment with several physical
clusters cooperating each one running opennebula toolkit? Can we put in
place a kind of hierarchy like Eucalyptus: cloud controller, cluster
controller and so on ?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
--