[one-users] OpenNebula-Monitoring the restarted VM with other sources

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Oct 6 06:35:06 PDT 2010

Hi Siva,

OpenNebula lacks the ability to monitor externally deployed VMs since
it assumes an exclusive use of the resources.

Regarding your query, how exactly does the VM script restart the VM?
If it uses a hypervisor functionality, and the VM is restarted with
the same ID, OpenNebula should be able to keep track of said VM.

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco | dsa-research.org/tinova
Virtualization Technology Engineer / Researcher