[one-users] Load balancing in hybrid cloud

Kristof Lange knieper82 at gmx.de
Sat Nov 27 03:44:14 PST 2010

Hi Tom,

we are using an open source proxy server for this. There is only one
reason to use a VPN connection I could imagine at this moment and thats
the security aspect (just one attack point instead of n)  . I don' t
know your use case, so you have to decide which method you'll prefer.
Furthermore in my opinion its more elegant to watch the vms' load for a
more flexible load balancing.  How to route the traffic depends on what
public cloud provider you want to use. For e.g. Amazon there are
ec2-api-tools which gives the opportunity to ask for all running
instances (ec2-describe-instances). In the opennebula-api there should
be something like that too.

Hope this will help

Regards
Kristof