[one-users] CPU Issue

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Nov 26 08:29:07 PST 2010

Hi,

You are right Carsten. For Xen OpenNebula uses the credit scheduler to
distribute the CPU cycles betwen the VMs according to the CPU attribute in
the template. In the case of KVM you can achieve that with cgroups, a hook
can automatically set the share for the KVM process...

Cheers

Ruben

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:55 AM, <Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au> wrote:

>  As far as I can tell, for KVM, the CPU value is only used in the
> OpenNebula scheduler to prevent over-allocation. So, if you have defined the
> host as having 2 CPUs the scheduler will run e.g. 1 VM requesting CPU 2.0,
> or 2 VMs requesting CPU 1.0, or 4 VMs requesting CPU 0.5 (each) on this
> host. For KVM, it seems that once running on the hypervisor the CPU value is
> not enforced.

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid