[one-users] Migration Path from 1.4 to 2.0

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:04:10 PDT 2010

Hello,

That looks great! Maybe you want to contribute them to
http://opennebula.org/community:ecosystem. If you don't have where to
host the files maybe you can create a project in github.com so more
people can collaborate with you with patches and bug fixes.

That's really neat you are doing this, I think that one of the main
problems to change to the new release is migrating the database as
people already has VM's running in the old version.

Thank you!

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 9:53 AM,  <opennebula at nerling.ch> wrote:
> I prepared some bash scripts for the migration.
> They are attached here.
> I will be glad if someone could take a look on it, specially
> one.migration.vm.sh, wish I think is to much customized for our need.
> As you can see I try to parse vm_attributes under the xml format of
> vm_pool.template, there may you find some issues.
> The attached files are contain only the functions for the migration, they
> are released under the GNU Public licese.
> I'm working on a call script and will post it asap.
>
> Marlon Nerling
>
> Zitat von opennebula at nerling.ch:
>
>> Good day.
>> I'm starting to implement a Migration path from my one1.4 installations to
>> one2.0.1.
>> I will be sure I'm not recreating the whell, so If you know from ready
>> scripst or howtos for this, let me know.
>> All help will be aprecciated, too.
>> best Regards
>>
>> Marlon Nerling

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher