[one-users] OpenNebula 2.0: Debian packages in experimental

Damien Raude-Morvan drazzib at drazzib.com
Mon Nov 15 10:48:54 PST 2010

Hi,

As you might know [1], I've been working with Jaime Melis on getting
OpenNebula officialy included in Debian GNU/Linux.

Status
====

Since past week, OpenNebula is available in Debian "experimental" suite [2].
Important : being accepted in experimental doesn't mean it will be present in
Debian Squeeze (6.0) stable release directly. (but I might "backport" it to
Squeeze if it meets my quality requirements)

What's next ?
========

I'm now looking for testers for this package.

To install this software, you have to :
- use Deban unstable as dist.
- have experimental in your sources.list as described in [3]
- apt-get -t experimental install opennebula on your controller
- apt-get -t experimental install opennebula-node on your each of your nodes

Feel free to report any issue with "reportbug" tool or via bugs.debian.org.

[1] http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2010-
September/002726.html
[2] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/opennebula
[3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianExperimental