[one-users] How works the network manager?

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Mon May 31 03:29:57 PDT 2010

Hi Florian,

The virtual network manager acts similarly to a DHCP server, leasing
pairs of MAC/IPs to the VMs, assuring its uniqueness. The bridge
creation needs to happen at node installation time, whereas the
linking is done by the hypervisor.

The network manager, combined with the Hook mechanism, advanced levels
of network management can be achieved, although they need extra
configuration not available out-of-the-box.

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid & Virtualization Technology
Engineer/Researcher: http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova