[one-users] corrupted db?

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri May 21 14:43:11 PDT 2010

Hi

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Claude Noshpitz
<Claude.Noshpitz at attinteractive.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I restarted oned, and now onevm does not seem to "see" the VMs that are
> still running.  They are being monitored successfully per oned.log
> ("Monitoring VM xx" followed shortly by "POLL SUCCESS").  The various
> vm.logs are also being updated.
>
> My guess is that the db is corrupted...
>
> What's the expected behavior after a oned restart?

OpenNebula is supposed to keep working with all the VMs as if it was
not stopped. In fact if oned keeps monitoring the VMs they should be
in the DB. Does the oned.log show any relevant message? You can take a
look to the DB directly (sqlite3 $ONE_LOCATION/var/one.db 'SELECT *
FROM vm_pool;')

> Is there a tool to rebuild a broken db?

There are a couple of tools for sqlite DB's but I've not practical
experience with any of them

Cheers

ruben