[one-users] fail to stop VMs checkpoint permission denied

Massimiliano Diodati massimiliano82 at live.it
Wed May 5 15:49:46 PDT 2010

Hello to the whole opennebula community,

I successfully installed OpenNebula 1.4 on a CentOS 5.4 front-end (that also acts as a XEN enabled node), I also configured a XEN enabled node (with CentOS 5.4 as well) and was able to run a small virtual cluster on the two nodes (with a private virtual network). Now I was interested in cold migrations, but after going through tha save state the VM starts migrating and finally fails. I think it is important to mention that I can successfully suspend and resume a VM; so I tried to issue the stop command only, and after the epilog state it fails. Checking the oned and vm log files I can see that what fails is the scp of the checkpoint file with the error 'Permission denied'; so I checked with ls -l the ownership of the checkpoint file of a saved VM and it reported 'root'.

I see that there's a workaround to this problem for kvm in [1], but what about XEN?

p.s.: Sorry for not providing log files but I will not be able to do it till Friday morning.

Thank you all in advance

Massimiliano

[1]   http://lists.opennebula.org/htdig.cgi/users-opennebula.org/2009-July/000611.html