[one-users] OpenNebula selected for Google Summer of Code 2010

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Mar 18 12:57:04 PDT 2010

Dear friends,

I'm happy to announce that OpenNebula has been selected as a Google
Summer of Code (GSoC) mentoring organization[1]. GSoC will give us the
opportunity to work with very talented, self-motivated students.
During the summer the students will be part of our community, and will
have the opportunity to learn the basics of virtualization, cloud
computing and OpenNebula.

If you are a student, and would be interested in participating in GSoC
with OpenNebula as your mentoring organization, please take a look at our
GSoC Ideas page[2].  This page lists projects that OpenNebula has
proposed for GSoC, but it is not a closed list. If you have an idea
for a cool project that uses or extends OpenNebula, please contact one
of the OpenNebula  GSoC mentors.

Also, if you are teaching distributed/cloud computing or related
courses please share this information with your students. Take into
account that student proposals must be submitted by April 9th through
the GSoC web application[3].

If you have any questions about our participation in GSoC, please
contact me off-list.

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge our GSoC mentors, for their interest
in the program and for writing up the project ideas for our
application. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Cheers!