[one-users] Roadmap to OpenNebula 1.6

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Mar 4 15:53:51 PST 2010

Hi

We're preparing the blueprints for the next stable release. Following
the tradition of naming OpenNebula releases after interstellar clouds
of dust, hydrogen, helium and plasma; OpenNebula 1.6 will be codenamed
Orion**. These are the main lines of development planed so far:

  * Image Repository [1], to keep a logical mapping between a high
level description of an image disk and its physical location and
configuration parameters. Also this will allow to set up ACLs for VM
images.
  * Clustering/Grouping of Physical Hosts[2],  to tag (and hence
logical cluster) physical hosts without the need of defining new
monitor probes.
  * Authorization & Authentication framework [3], to interface
different auth frameworks (e.g. LDAP, Policykit, PAM...) and develop
custom user policies (e.g. quotas, user groups...)
  * Improve VMware driver [4], to level its functionality with the Xen
and KVM drivers.
A complete list of  features planned can be check in [5]

PLEASE send your suggestions for other new features or comments to the
current ones either through the mailing list or by filling an issue.
Your feedback is much appreciated!!!!