[one-users] Trying to run opennebula using VMWare on Windows

Manish Sapariya manish at gslab.com
Fri Jun 25 03:18:53 PDT 2010

FYI.

I got one step ahead. The problem got fixed when
when I deleted the windows host and added it again
using the exact name that it was showing in VMWare
Web UI.

I had assumed that the onehost command
expects the hostname which the network can resolve.
However this same value is used to identify
VMWare server installation.

So I am past the step of monitoring the windows vmware server,
but got stuck at deploying the VM. Following is exception

---- Debug stack trace ----
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at DeployVM.configureNetwork(DeployVM.java:269)
     at DeployVM.shapeVM(DeployVM.java:221)
     at OneVmmVmware.loop(OneVmmVmware.java:167)
     at OneVmmVmware.main(OneVmmVmware.java:57)

I will keep the thread updated as I make progress.

Regards,
Manish

Office Phone : 46711053
Extension    : #1053