[one-users] VMs Stuck in Boot State

Jelle Herold jelle at defekt.nl
Fri Jun 11 04:56:29 PDT 2010

On 9 jun 2010, at 15:03, Michael Brown wrote:

> I noticed that the Ubuntu package for OpenNebula has version 1.2.  It seems like 1.4 will be much better.  So I'm going to try installing OpenNebula Express.  It looks like that installation method will go a lot smoother.

I've run across similar issues with 1.2 and have not been able to get it to work yet. OpenNebula Express 1.4 installation is smooth and works as advertised, but it's rather "non standard". For instance,

 - everything is installed in /srv/cloud/one/, in particular your configuration is in /srv/cloud/one/etc/
 - secondly only user oneadmin can access the one* commands ('sudo -iu oneadmin')
 - there are no /etc/init.d or similar startup scripts. Start opennebula as the oneadmin user using the command "one start".
 - likewise, "occi-server start" etc...

Hope this helps,

Maybe up to date debian / ubuntu packages can be build?

Regards,
Jelle