[one-users] VMs Stuck in Boot State

Michael Brown mbrown1413 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 06:03:02 PDT 2010

$ ruby -dw `which onevm` show 15
----- Some output cut ----
Exception `Errno::ECONNREFUSED' at /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/http.rb:560 -
Connection refused - connect(2)
Error: Unknown error
/usr/lib/one/ruby/one.rb:317: warning: instance variable @db not initialized

Hmm... I'd seen a connection refused error before while trying to create a
vm, and the solution there was to restart opennebula, even though it
appeared everything is already running.
$ sudo /etc/init.d/opennebula restart
$ onevm show 15
VID            : 15
UID            : 0
STATE          : ACTIVE
LCM STATE      : BOOT
DEPLOY ID      :
MEMORY         : 0
CPU            : 0
LAST POLL      : 0
START TIME     : 06/03 14:00:47
STOP TIME      : 12/31 19:00:00
NET TX         : 0
NET RX         : 0

....: Template :....
    CPU             : 0.1
    DISK            :
READONLY=no,SOURCE=/home/michael/one-templates/ttylinux.img,TARGET=hda
    FEATURES        : ACPI=no
    MEMORY          : 64
    NAME            : ttylinux
    NIC             :
BRIDGE=br0,IP=10.15.2.100,MAC=00:03:0a:0f:02:64,NETWORK=priv,VNID=1

So it looks like was the casue of that unknown error.

I noticed that the Ubuntu package for OpenNebula has version 1.2.  It seems
like 1.4 will be much better.  So I'm going to try installing OpenNebula
Express.  It looks like that installation method will go a lot smoother.

Thanks for the help anyways,
    --Michael Brown