[one-users] Xen and number of cores in VM

Ruben Diez rdiez at cesga.es
Fri Jun 25 04:41:08 PDT 2010

Hi:

we are attempt to up a VM with 4 cores in a physical host with 8 cores
(2 processors of 4 cores each).

We are using OpenNebula 1.4 with xen (CENTOS 5.5 as OS)

The OpenNebula template machine include the variables:

CPU    = 4
VCPU    = 4
MEMORY = 8192

But the file "deployment.0" generated only have these line relevant to
the CPU stuff:

 #O CPU_CREDITS = 1024
memory  = '8192'
vcpu  = '4'

And the problem is that the generated VM have only a core....

Where is the missing "cpu=4" parameter in the "deployment.0" file???

How can we do in order to select the numbers of cores that a VM can see???

Regards.