[one-users] VM sticks in 'pend'

Dan Yocum yocum at fnal.gov
Wed Jun 16 14:17:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get a VM to run, but it sticks in 'pend' state and never
actually starts.  Here's what I've done so far:

2 systems, both installed with Scientific Linux v5.4, running xen kernel
installed opennebula express on one system
generated the correct node-install.sh and run it on the worker node
editted oned.conf and uncommented all xen related sections, and
   commented out all kvm related sections
'oned -f &' as user oneadmin
onehost create worker_node im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh
acquired the small network and ttylinux tarballs and edited the
ttylinux.one and small_network.net
onenet create small_network.net
onevm create ttylinux.one

Here's what I see:

$ onehost list
   ID NAME                      RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM
STAT
    8 fgitb318                    0    800    799    799 1677619  392192
   on

$ onevm list
   ID     USER     NAME STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME        TIME
    8 oneadmin fgitb318 pend   0       0                 00 00:22:42

$ tail oned.log:
Wed Jun 16 15:52:57 2010 [ReM][D]: VirtualMachineAllocate invoked
Wed Jun 16 15:52:57 2010 [DiM][D]: Allocating a new VM
Wed Jun 16 15:53:01 2010 [ReM][D]: VirtualMachinePoolInfo method invoked

And that's it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan