[one-users] onehost error reporting

florian chazal florianchazal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:05:12 PDT 2010

About this issue, I have another comment : When a host is disabled or
deleted nothing is done on the VMs hosted . Maybe an option of automatic
migration should be possible. And when a host is checked in error state (due
to the fact it is down) nothing is spread to the hosted VM state directly.
The state will change when the check of the VM will be done, but with a lot
of hosts and VMs it could take a long time ...

Just few remarks...

cheers!

2010/7/28 Claude Noshpitz <cnoshpitz at attinteractive.com>

> I'm in an environment where hosts often go up and down (it's ok, we're
> developers :).  It would be really good if 'onehost show' actually reported
> something reasonable about hosts that are not reachable, cannot be
> monitored, or are just down.
>
> As an example:
> [oneadmin at cm-01]$ onehost add not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx im_kvm
> vmm_kvm tm_ssh
> [oneadmin at cm-01]$ echo $?
> 0
> [oneadmin at cm-01]$ onehost show -x not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx
> <HOST>
>  <ID>13</ID>
>  <NAME>not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx</NAME>
>  <STATE>1</STATE>
>
> The STATE even bounces politely between INIT and MONITORING (obviously it
> never reaches MONITORED).  There's nothing evident in the logs that would
> suggest a problem with the host either.
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Claude