[one-users] onehost error reporting

Claude Noshpitz cnoshpitz at attinteractive.com
Tue Jul 27 16:20:04 PDT 2010

I'm in an environment where hosts often go up and down (it's ok, we're developers :).  It would be really good if 'onehost show' actually reported something reasonable about hosts that are not reachable, cannot be monitored, or are just down.

As an example:
[oneadmin at cm-01]$ onehost add not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx im_kvm vmm_kvm tm_ssh
[oneadmin at cm-01]$ echo $?
0
[oneadmin at cm-01]$ onehost show -x not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx
<HOST>
  <ID>13</ID>
  <NAME>not-a-real-host.fake-domain.xxx</NAME>
  <STATE>1</STATE>

The STATE even bounces politely between INIT and MONITORING (obviously it never reaches MONITORED).  There's nothing evident in the logs that would suggest a problem with the host either.

Ideas?

Thanks!

--Claude