[one-users] OpenNebula server migration

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Jul 14 06:21:54 PDT 2010

Hi Rubén,

This is completely doable. Just copying the DB won't be enough, you need to
replicate the whole var directory (also, the etc would be good otherwise the
configuration would need to be done again).

Bear in mind that the password less ssh access to the nodes needs to be
setup from the new OpenNebula server as well, same goes for shared storage
if used.

OpenNebula will be able to keep managing the VMs from the new server,
retrieving the information from the DB. I don't foresee any issue with the
different IPs.

Let us know if you bump into any problem with this.

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco | dsa-research.org/tinova
Virtualization Technology Engineer / Researcher