[one-users] oneimage disks device mapping

Massimiliano Diodati massimiliano82 at live.it
Mon Jul 26 07:41:17 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I installed the latest version of OpenNebula, and was interested in using registered images as
disks for my virtual machines. I always used for my xen images the target=sda1 (or xvda1)
sub-attribute for the DISK section, but now the target device is automatically set to 'sda' by
OpenNebula for OS type images and my virtual machine fails to boot up because of kernel panic.
Is there a way to change this automatic device mapping? I need 'sda1' or 'xvda1' not just 'sda'.
I searched through the configuration files and couldn't find a way to change this but I think there
must be a way.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.