[one-users] VMware VMs stay in boot state

Stefan Reichel stefan.reichel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jan 27 01:27:48 PST 2010

Hi,

i tried to analyze the bug and finally solve this problem. For now these are my results, please correct my if i am wrong.

First of all,  the VM is running in VMware but in the "onevm list" it  is still booting. The VirtualMachineManager::deploy_action was finished. These were the facts now my theory:

Normally the MadManager will receive a message, and forward it to the corresponding VM-Driver by calling the protocol method. In my case this would be the VirtualMachineManagerDriver.  Nevertheless its protocol method is not called and therefore it can't call the LifeCycleManager, which would in effect set the "running" state, after reacting on a "DEPLOY_SUCCESS". Therefore i assume, that the corresponding message is never send. But who should send it???

I temporary fixed the problem by setting the running state manually in the mentioned deploy_action. I hope that someone will finally answer one of my messages. Indeed its my third unanswered? message to this community.

We try to use opennebula in our current project, but the focus of our project is not to get software to do what it is used to do. Nevertheless we are software developers and therefore  we could also fix and extend the openNebula project if there would be any support from you.

Kind regards,
Stefan