[one-users] Host information

Rangababu Chakravarthula rbabu at hexagrid.com
Thu Jan 14 12:02:11 PST 2010

Thanks Tino for the information. What we have observed is when we have
only one host and we submit a VM allocation request with memory value
more than the value given under free but less than  value given under
free with buffers/cache,  opennebula  is failing to provision the VM.
1) Is it expected behavior?

Also in the VM information that is displayed in onevm list and onevm show:
2) The memory value that is displayed there, is it allocated memory or
used memory?

There was an email  last week regarding opennebula displaying 0 value
for CPU for which your team clarified that the reason for that is
libvirt is not reporting CPU value for KVM hypervisor.
3) How do we get CPU usage and memory usage of VM?
4) Is it possible only if we have snmp inside the VM and use some NMS
tool to gather that?
5) Since VM is a process in the underlying hypervisor, if we get cpu and
memory usage of the vm process, is it a true representation of VM and
CPU usage of VM?

Thanks

Ranga