[one-users] How to manage web-service requests?

Joseph Glanville shortstuff92 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:22:47 PST 2010

Hi Richard.

In order to build a web interface to OpenNebula you will require a
webserver that is able to connect the the XML-RPC service running on
the frontend. There are XML-RPC libraries available for most web
scripting languages including Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP etc.
HTTP GET/POST requests are sent to the webserver which then
communicates with the XML-RPC server.
When information is returned to the webserver it replies to the
webclient in some fashion (probably via AJAX or simple HTML).

Documentation on the XML-RPC API can be found here:
http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:api

Kind regards,

Joseph Glanville

GPG Key ID: A5FC8BE3