[one-users] How to manage web-service requests?

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 08:05:29 PST 2010

Hello,

Can you elaborate on this? OpenNebula provides xml-rpc as the way of
sending management commands to it, CLI interface uses this API to
create, get info, destrot, etc. VMs, hosts and networks. You can add
another layer as the occi or ec2 interfaces that serve as a
translation layer between those protocols and ONE xml-rpc interface.
What are you trying to accomplish here? What are those http-get/post
requests for?

Bye

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Richard Redweik
<richard.redweik at uni-muenster.de> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> we are trying to set up a web-service based on OpenNebula.
> So far we managed to run a virtual machine on a host.
>
> But now we are wondering, how to send requests (http-get and http-post) to the
> front-end and how to manage this request, to forward it to a worker node.
> Do we have to set up a web-server on the front-end, which takes the request?
> And how will the request then be provided to the OpenNebula-Cluster?
> Or does OpenNebula provide some tools?
> Is it possible with the XML-RPC API? (I don't know if I got its use right...)
>
> Do you have some ideas, what's the best way for managing this?
>
> I would appreciate if you would give me some hints!
>
> Regards,
> Richard

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher