[one-users] VM boots but is not reachable

Harder, Stefan Stefan.Harder at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Feb 10 08:21:49 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm pretty new to OpenNebula. I compiled, installed, and configured it
in Version 1.4 (using KVM) on two Ubuntu 9.10 Servers. My cluster node
has a network bridge br0 and the ttylinux example works fine.

But now I wanted to deploy a self created VM so I created one with the
Virtual Machine Manager on my workstation. I used Ubuntu 9.10 server
64bit for that, configured the /etc/network/interfaces of the VM with
the right IP, installed sshd, and copied the image to the server who is
the cloud manager. onevm create vm1 works, VM status after a while is
runn.

But unlike the ttylinux my VM is not pingable or reachable via ssh.

Did I miss something to configure? Or any other mistakes?

My templates look like this:

small_network.net:
------------------
NAME = "Small network"
TYPE = FIXED

#Now we'll use the cluster private network (physical)
BRIDGE = br0
LEASES = [ IP="xxx.xxx.xxx.204"]

vm1.one:
--------