[one-users] Migration woes and a vnc question

Jaime Melis j.melis at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Dec 22 23:03:58 PST 2010

Hello,

Could you try setting empty strings for certificate related parameters in
your libvirtd.conf?

In particular:
tls_no_verify_certificate = 1
key_file = ""
cert_file = ""

Restart libvirt in both worker nodes and try again.

Regards,
Jaime

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:23 PM, <saint at eng.it> wrote:

> CC> And then the VNC question. Is there a way to specify a "dynamic"
> CC> IP in the VM template, something like what's done for the IPs that
> CC> will be used by the VM ?
>
> Solved.  If I  specify both ip = "0.0.0.0" and  a password (that's not
> used) then I can  connect with VNC to the node  hosting. The bad thing
> is that the password seems not to be used.
>
> It's still open the issue about  the livemigrate command in onevm that
> does not work:
>
> CC>     Except when I tried the livemigrate command, which caused this
> CC> to pop up in the log:
>
> CC>  LOG - 27 Command execution fail: /tmp/one/vmm/kvm/migrate one-27
> CC> red3
>
> CC>  LOG - 27 STDERR follows.
>
> CC>  LOG - 27 error: Cannot access CA certificate
> CC> '/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem': Permission denied
>
> CC>  LOG - 27 ExitCode: 1
>
> CC>  MIGRATE FAILURE 27 -
>
> CC>  POLL SUCCESS 27 STATE=a USEDMEMORY=65536
>
> CC> (timing and [VMM][D]: Message received: header omitted to save
> CC> space).
>
> CC> /etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem does not exist. Should I create it ? Or
> CC> should I get it in some CentOS package ?
>
> Any suggestion is welcome!
>
> --
> ing. Gian Uberto Lauri
> Ricercatore / Reasearcher
> Divisione Ricerca ed Innovazione / Research & Innovation Division
> GianUberto.Lauri at eng.it
>
> Engineering Ingegneria Informatica spa
> Corso Stati Uniti 23/C, 35127 Padova (PD)
>
> Tel. +39-049.8283.538         | main(){printf(&unix["\021%six\012\0"],
> Fax  +39-049.8283.569             |    (unix)["have"]+"fun"-0x60);}
> Skype: gian.uberto.lauri          |          David Korn, AT&T Bell Labs
> http://www.eng.it                         |          ioccc best One Liner,
> 1987

Jaime Melis, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web *http://dsa-research.org* and blog *
http://blog.dsa-research.org*
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing: *
http://www.OpenNebula.org <http://www.opennebula.org/>*