[one-users] Opennebula and LVM

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Tue Dec 14 01:32:40 PST 2010

Hi Paolo,

Please take a look to the LVM drivers developed by Sander Klous here [1]. I
think the are using the same setup and deals with the low-level setup of the
LVM volumes for snapshots (check the comments of the issue...)

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/32

Cheers

Ruben

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Paolo Smiraglia
<paolo.smiraglia at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi to every ones....
>
> We have configured a shared storage between some nodes with iSCSI, and
> we want to use LVM across them.
>
> Our access model is based on syncronized commands remotely executed by
> the master node with ssh (authenticated by public key without
> password).
>
> The master node is the one that can create/remove logical volumes
> which are a snapshot of a "base" logical voume.
>
> Other nodes exclusively access logical volumes created by master node.
>
> In order to do so, we have installed in all nodes
>
>  * RedHat Enterprise 6 beta2
>  * Cluster Suite
>  * CLVMD
>
> Then we have configured LVM with
>
>  locking_type=3 (lvm.conf)
>
> and fist attept we marked the volume group as "clustered".
>
> Unfortunately we got an error message that is saying snapshot is not
> supoprted for clustered volume groups. In order to overcome this issue
> we used a workaround that conists in clearing the clustered flag in
> the volume group. However, this caused some concurrency problems that
> prevent a logical volume to be removed even if not used.
>
> Do you have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance for replies...
>
> --
> PAOLO SMIRAGLIA
> http://portale.isf.polito.it/paolo-smiraglia

Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
Associate Professor (Profesor Titular), Complutense University of Madrid