[one-users] Opennebula and LVM

Paolo Smiraglia paolo.smiraglia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:22:19 PST 2010

Hi to every ones....

We have configured a shared storage between some nodes with iSCSI, and
we want to use LVM across them.

Our access model is based on syncronized commands remotely executed by
the master node with ssh (authenticated by public key without
password).

The master node is the one that can create/remove logical volumes
which are a snapshot of a "base" logical voume.

Other nodes exclusively access logical volumes created by master node.

In order to do so, we have installed in all nodes

 * RedHat Enterprise 6 beta2
 * Cluster Suite
 * CLVMD

Then we have configured LVM with

  locking_type=3 (lvm.conf)

and fist attept we marked the volume group as "clustered".

Unfortunately we got an error message that is saying snapshot is not
supoprted for clustered volume groups. In order to overcome this issue
we used a workaround that conists in clearing the clustered flag in
the volume group. However, this caused some concurrency problems that
prevent a logical volume to be removed even if not used.

Do you have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance for replies...

--
PAOLO SMIRAGLIA
http://portale.isf.polito.it/paolo-smiraglia