[one-users] Is it possible to limit resources used on a cloud node?

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 03:42:06 PDT 2010

Hello,

You can modify IM scripts so it returns a fraction of the total
capacity. You have more information here:

http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel1.4:img

A way could be to check for the hostname in kvm.rb in the im_probes
directory and return fixed total cpu of 400 and modify free cpu
accordingly, the same for memory.

Bye

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 3:07 AM,  <Carsten.Friedrich at csiro.au> wrote:
> I run OpenNebula 1.4 and want to add a new machine as an additional cloud
> node (ideally using KVM). However, this machine also has to run an
> additional, non-OpenNebula related service. I’d therefore like to configure
> OpenNebula to not use all resources on this machine, but leave at least, say
> 2 cores and 4 GB RAM, for this other service. Is that possible? And if yes,
> how?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher