[one-users] resume a suspended VM in a different host

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Thu Apr 29 06:06:23 PDT 2010

Hi

There are two different ways to stop a VM:

suspend: It leaves the images and checkpoint files in the running
host, as you describe in your email. When you resume the VM all the
files are already there and it should be fast. You usually want to use
suspend for short suspend cycles.

stop: It moves the files back to the VM_DIR. When you resume a stopped
VM it will be re-scheduled and likely it will be re-started in other
host. Note that is a more expensive process as images have to be moved
between hosts.

I think that stop is the behavior you were looking for...

Cheers

Ruben