[one-users] Test Adapter for OpenNebula ?

Daniel Molina Aranda danmolin at pdi.ucm.es
Tue Apr 27 06:57:24 PDT 2010

Hi Mehdi,

You have to change the permissions for $ONE_LOCATION+
"/lib/mads/one_vmm_dummy.rb", allowing the execution of this file.

Regards.

On 27 April 2010 14:55, Mehdi Sheikhalishahi <mehdi.alishahi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Ruben, this feature is very interesting in OpenNebula.
> I've installed it and tried to test it, when I submit a VM, VM cannot
> be executed. The following are commands and logs.
>
> oneadmin at one:~/working> onevm list
>  ID     USER     NAME STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME        TIME
>   2 oneadmin vm-examp fail   0       0      dummyHost5 00 00:00:16
>
> oneadmin at one:~/var/2> cat vm.log
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:52 2010 [DiM][I]: New VM state is ACTIVE.
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:52 2010 [LCM][I]: New VM state is PROLOG.
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:52 2010 [VM][I]: Virtual Machine has no context
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:53 2010 [LCM][I]: New VM state is BOOT
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:53 2010 [VMM][E]: deploy_action, error getting driver
> vmm_dummy
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:54 2010 [DiM][I]: New VM state is FAILED
> Tue Apr 27 14:46:54 2010 [TM][W]: Ignored: TRANSFER SUCCESS 2 -
>
> ---And log files
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:23 2010 [ONE][I]:        OpenNebula Configuration
> File
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:23 2010 [ONE][I]:
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:23 2010 [ONE][I]:
>        DEBUG_LEVEL=3
>        HM_MAD=EXECUTABLE=one_hm
>        HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL=5
>        IM_MAD=EXECUTABLE=one_im_dummy,NAME=im_dummy
>        MAC_PREFIX=00:03
>        MANAGER_TIMER=30
>        NETWORK_SIZE=254
>        PORT=2633
>
>  TM_MAD=ARGUMENTS=tm_dummy/tm_dummy.conf,EXECUTABLE=one_tm,NAME=tm_dummy
>        VM_DIR=/srv/cloud/one/var/
>        VM_MAD=EXECUTABLE=one_vmm_dummy,NAME=vmm_dummy,TYPE=xml
>        VM_POLLING_INTERVAL=60
>
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:25 2010 [VMM][I]: Loading Virtual Machine Manager drivers.
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:25 2010 [VMM][I]:      Loading driver: vmm_dummy (XML)
> Tue Apr 27 14:44:25 2010 [MAD][E]: MAD did not answer INIT command
>
> Regards,
> Mehdi
>
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Ruben S. Montero <rubensm at dacya.ucm.es>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The URL for the dummy backend:
> >
> > http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/onesim/wiki
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Ruben
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Mehdi Sheikhalishahi
> > <mehdi.alishahi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'd like to work with OpenNebula in dummy mode (simulated). Would you
> >> please let me know about the status of this and how can I start to
> >> work with it?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Mehdi

> my
> conf

> all
> of
> Borja,

> provide

> point
> allocated
> more

> Ruben
> [...]

Daniel Molina, Cloud Technology Engineer/Researcher
DSA Research Group: web http://dsa-research.org and blog
http://blog.dsa-research.org
OpenNebula Open Source Toolkit for Cloud Computing:
http://www.OpenNebula.org