[one-users] migrate causes VM to reboot

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 06:49:08 PDT 2010

Neil.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, livemigration does not reboot.
However, it seems quite easy to do a cold migrate without the need to
reboot, why not do it?
In the current way, the VM will be shutdown improperly. For the case
of Windows, it might cause lengthy disk check upon boot.
In the worst case, it might generate disk failure (I haven't had it
yet. Maybe the checkpoint flushes the cache thus is better than a
power lose).

Just my thoughts.
Shi

--