[one-users] Shutdown of a virtual machine deletes the machine in onevm database

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Apr 5 13:29:03 PDT 2010

Hi Florian

That is the expected behavior. Some thoughts:

* The VM is not deleted from the database is moved to DONE state and
hence not shown in onevm list. However it is available in the DB for
accounting purposes.

* You can use suspend, this will generate a checkpoint and recover the
VM in the original host. However I guess this is not what you are
looking for... (note also that capacity for the VM is not freed in
that host.)

* Usually people makes some modifications to the SSH driver. You can
make a very simple cache by copying the images to a cache dir in the
cluster nodes and then link to the location OpenNebula will look for
it. In this way you can just see if the file exists before copying it
again. The TM scripts should be very readable so you can easily adapt
them to the cloud your architecting... (come back if you need help
with the TM scripts). If the images are more or less stable you can
look at the LVM backend...

Cheers

Ruben