[one-users] Host status through XMLRPC

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Sep 17 04:31:18 PDT 2009

Hello Antonio,

In version 1.2 xml-rpc API did not provide all the information.
Specifically "onehost list" queried the database directly to get
information about hosts.

I encourage you to take a look at the new development version for 1.4
(1.3.80 right now). The xml-rpc API is heavily changed so you can get
all the information using it. You can get information about it in
http://opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:api.

Bye

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM, Antonio J. Rossi <arossi at citic.es> wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> I'm using XMLRPC API in Ruby to manage OpenNebula. I can enable/disable a
> host perfectly with the corresponding API calls. But how can I obtain the
> actual status of a host? When i invoke one.hostinfo i obtain a lot of data,
> but i cannot see a status flag or something like it.
>
> I think i'm missing something because in the terminal i can see that info by
> running the command onehost list. There is a column STAT with the exact info
> i want.
>
> By the way, i'm using OpenNebula version 1.2.
>
> Thank you very much!

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher