[one-users] vmm_vmware driver error

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:18:38 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I modified one_vmm_vmware the exec line to replace
2>>$MAD_LOG_PATH
with
2>&1 >> $MAD_LOG_PATH
so that both output and error message are redirected to the log file.
Then after "one start", vmm_vmware.log shows INIT SUCCESS
and the oned.log shows: MAD did not answer INIT command
I guess this means INIT SUCCESS is supposed to go to stdout.
Then I changed it to
2>&1 |tee $MAD_LOG_PATH
and surprisingly, oned.log shows "Driver vmm_vmware loaded."
I am not sure why.

I am trying to deploy an image and will report back.

Shi
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Tino Vazquez <tinova at fdi.ucm.es> wrote:
> Hi Shi Jin,
>
> Is there any useful information in $ONE_LOCATION/var/vmm_vmware.log
> after 'oned' is started?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Tino
>
> --
> Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
> http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova
> DSA Research Group: http://dsa-research.org
> Globus GridWay Metascheduler: http://www.GridWay.org
> OpenNebula Virtual Infrastructure Engine: http://www.OpenNebula.org
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Shi Jin <jinzishuai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am trying open nebula with ESXi.
>> I've got im_vmware and tm_vmware drivers working now. The only problem
>> seems to be vmm_vmware.
>>
>> I've setup etc/vmm_vmware/vmm_vmwarerc to have
>> VMWARE_TRUSTORE=/srv/cloud/one/vmware-certs/vmware.keystore
>> ONE_MAD_DEBUG=1
>> VMWARE_DATASTORE=oneStore
>> VMWARE_DATACENTER=ha-datacenter
>> but the oned.log shows
>> Wed Sep 16 09:36:37 2009 [VMM][I]: Loading Virtual Machine Manager drivers.
>> Wed Sep 16 09:36:37 2009 [VMM][I]: Loading driver: vmm_vmware (XML)
>> Wed Sep 16 09:36:40 2009 [ReM][D]: HostPoolInfo method invoked
>> Wed Sep 16 09:36:40 2009 [MAD][E]: Wrong action in MAD response
>>
>> I can run the ./one_vmm_vmware --username root --password <pass> from
>> lib/mads and
>> INIT
>> returns
>> INIT SUCCESS
>>
>> I am wondering what goes wrong here. When the driver is loaded, what
>> commands are executed other than INIT? It seems INIT was done without
>> any problem.
>> Please help.
>> Thank you very much.
>>
>> --