[one-users] econe tools

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Sep 7 02:07:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

Yes you are totally right, you just need the bin tools and some of the
libraries. Right now the safest way to install this is the following:

1.- Copy the OpenNebula distribution in the desktop machine
2.- Run the installer (NO NEED TO BUILD the server)
3.- Ignore the 'cp' errors.

For the 1.4 release we will add an option to the installer to install
just the client tools. I've filled an issue for this:

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/142

Thanks for your great feedback!!

Cheers!

Ruben

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM, sebastien goasguen <sebgoa at clemson.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding to the cloud interface setup documented at:
>
> http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:ec2qcg
>
> I got the econe server to run and I believe I have the user
> configuration taken care of. But I am struggling with one simple
> thing:
>
> How do I get the econe tools on my desktop ?
>
> They are in the opennebula distribution, in the one/bin directory on
> my opennebula frontend, however I want to be able to upload an image
> and run an instance of it from my desktop. Are the package in a simple
> ruby/gem package ? or should I copy them over from the frontend ?
>
> thanks,
>
> -sebastien
>
> --
> ---