[one-users] im_vmware error

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 14:06:29 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I am trying to get open nebula 1.3.8 work with ESXi 4.0 hosts.
I followed the documentation and all seemed to work fine.
After adding the ESXi host, I got error status code on the host.
The oned.log returns
Error monitoring host 0 : MONITOR FAILURE 0 Failed monitoring host node3.

So I digged into the Java code of OneImVmware.java and figured out
exactly where the problem is.
In the GetProperty::connect() function, the moRef object is still null
after the connection.

Has anyone seen  this kind of problem before?
I am not sure whether ESX4.0 makes a difference to ESXi 3.5 which was
used in the documentation.
Should I switch to the older version of ESXi?
Thank you very much.

--
Shi Jin, Ph.D.